Did you know that Whole Body Cryotherapy increases your circulation?
It’s true. Whole Body Cryotherapy increases circulation because it encourages the body to kick off its natural protective response to cold – which is to direct blood back to your body’s core to protect your organs and brain when temperatures in the cryo chamber drop.
When the body returns to normal temperature, your blood rushes back to the extremities. While whole body cryotherapy is not a replacement for exercise, it does give blood flow a boost similar to those of a workout.
The benefits of increased circulation include increased oxidation and – or the presence of more oxygen to your organs and extremities. Your body needs oxygenated blood for the survival of your tissues, which protects your health.
As your blood rushes back to your extremities, the oxygen-rich blood reduces pain and inflammation. Many patients experience health and wellness benefits of increased blood flow in response to whole body cryotherapy like:
- Relief from painful joint disorders, like arthritis, fibromyalgia, and ankylosing spondylitis
- A reduction in sore muscles, muscle spasms, and inflammation
- Reduced pain from osteoporosis
- More energy and relief from fatigue and migraines
- Improved immune system benefits to fight off illness and infection
- Improved skin quality
Looking to get your blood moving? Schedule an appointment for a Whole Body Cryotherapy session today by calling 214.705.1688. We also welcome walk-ins anytime!